Are you a fierce
Are you team
Do you believe in
Are you a proactive
Fueled by our compassionate focus on every family’s success, we’re committed to maintaining a staff with deep experience and expertise to ensure children and families are thriving and ready for what’s next.
Join our team
Our team of skilled and continually developing professionals are responsive, dedicated and fiercely supportive. We value diversity, creativity and collaboration, which contribute to excellent outcomes.
Below is a list of our current openings:
Position: Development Associate
Work Schedule: Part to Full Time (20-40 hours)
Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director
STEPS is a private non-profit agency established in 1985. We provide in home therapy, education, and parent support for children 0-36 months with developmental delays in Island and San Juan Counties. We are looking for a Development Associate who will add value to our team that is dedicated to supporting parents and caregivers in implementing therapeutic practices into daily routines facilitating a child’s development.
We seek a creative person with strong interpersonal skills who can think outside the box and thrives on exceeding expectations. This part time position offers flexibility, leadership growth and the ability to work remotely.
The compensation range for this position is $23.00-$33.00 per hour and is based on experience level, and credentials of the candidate. STEPS offers the following benefits package that promotes a healthy work/life balance:
- Simple Individual Retirement Account (IRA)
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance (Regular, full-time employees)
- Group Life and Disability Insurance (Regular, full-time employees)
- 12 Paid holidays throughout the year
- Education and Career Development
- Create a new philanthropy program to support STEPS’s mission.
- Develop and organize all aspects of the company’s fundraising programs, including the management of donations and sponsorships, donor recognition, program capital and more.
- Support, schedule and coach Board Chair and Executive Director in their fundraising and fundraising efforts.
- Research donation programs and opportunities available through local, state, and federal programs, and spearhead relevant grant writing efforts.
- Oversee the department and inter-department meetings to plan milestones and requirements of all teams with the business regarding fundraisers.
- Define fundraising strategies and tactics for meeting revenue goals; including but not limited to: website updates, blogs, videos, newsletter/e-newsletter, thank you letters, event marketing/communications plan.
- Build and sustain donor engagement, cultivation, and stewardship with individual donors and establish a major giving program.
- Create a Corporate Sponsorship program, write applications for corporate support, track program status and execute follow-up thank you letters, calls, etc. for both financial and Gift in Kind corporate supporters.
- Define marketing, event and communication strategies and execution roadmap.
- Oversee logistics to ensure superior experience and outcome of a series of special events.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Arts/Science degree from an accredited college or university, plus minimum of three (3) years of successful experience in a fundraising
- Excellent communication skills including ability to read and express oneself clearly verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to relate in a supportive, non-judgmental manner to families of varying cultural, educational, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Ability to work independently for maintaining files, meeting timelines, etc.
- Ability to multi-task, decision making, creative thinking, troubleshooting and follow-through
- Demonstrate computer competency, Microsoft Word and Excel, Outlook
- Experience managing and tracking donor contributions and data management.
- Experience and proficiency with managing social media and content and platforms.
- Work is performed in a fast–paced office environment with frequent interruptions.
- Office hours will typically be performed within the 9am-4pm time frame, but hours may vary by work demands. This is a year-round (12 month) position with scheduled program breaks.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Prior to employment, the successful candidate must pass a criminal background check, fingerprints, and driving record.
- Provide proof of completion of tDap, Varicella, MMR, Hep B, COVID and Annual Flu vaccination
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid State Driver’s License, car registration, and car insurance.
Reach Out to Take Your First Step.
PO Box 633
950 SE Regatta Drive #101
Oak Harbor, WA 98277